This summer I have the great privilege to attend TWO summer institutes: a National Endowment for the Humanities on Teaching the Holocaust through Visual Culture & the Dimensions of the Middle East. This one is only a week but there is still some prep work & readings to get done before I get shipped off to Duke University. The amazing about this program is the Qatar Foundation International outright pays for our flight, food, & lodging rather than giving a stipend. Sweeeeet!!! Looking forward to my second PD on the Islamic/Middle Eastern World.
Countdown begins!!! I leave THIS Sunday for Duke. :))))
Read more: 2019 Summer Plans
This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on items for purchase I can receive some compensation.
If you’re interested below is our reading list for the Dimensions of the Middle East Summer Institute:
- E-mails from Scheherazad by Mohja Kahf
- “Mapping the Middle East from Within: (Counter-) Cartographies of an Imperialist Construction” by Karen Culcasi
- Memories of Muhammad: Why the Prophet Matters by Omid Safi
- “Teaching the Introductory Middle East History Survey Course: Corrected for the Problems of the Survey Course” by Sarah Shields
- The New Middle East: What Everyone Needs to Know by James L. Gelvin