So even though we are far from our nuclear families in Florida, Will and I have the wonderful luxury of spending this year’s Thanksgiving in the Cape with his mom’s side of the family and his wonderful sister, Courtney.
Things I am thankful for this year:
- My loving, (mostly) patient, incredibly handsome and intelligent husband
- A job which I LOVE
- A country that continues to strive to be better
- Incredibly strong family ties
- Extremely good health (watch, I just jinxed myself or something)
- A welcoming church community
- Friends to talk to and have wine with
- My students who truly love learning
- Opportunities to travel
- Enough money to continuously buy books (yes, this is important!)
If I keep going we’d be here all day! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, especially my sister in Germany who cannot celebrate with us today.
Enjoy some pictures of Thanksgivings-past below:
P.S. The cover image is Still Life with Turkey Pie, Peter Claesz, 1627, oil on panel from the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam