So I am not a beauty blogger, and have no interest in becoming one, because a) I will never spend that much money on products and b) I will never spend that much time in the bathroom. Now that is not to say I don’t like make-up and fancy smelling soaps, because I do; I just have a self-imposed budget when it comes to that stuff. 🙂 That being said, I do like to look good and I definitely pay attention to my skin & face (especially when the hubs pulls out his fancy camera).
A lot of the bloggers/influencers I follow spend a small fortune on products and quite honestly I kind of wanted to put my own thing out there for women, who like me, don’t have all the time and money in the world to spend on the racket that is the female beauty market. On top of limited time/money, I also like to travel a lot and I try to keep my routine (if I even have one…) similar whether I am at home or on the road.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on items for purchase I can receive some compensation.
Travel Makeup Kit
I’m pretty basic every day and traveling with just a carry-on means paring down my routine even more. Reminder, all liquids must fit in a quart-sized Ziploc bag! I bring the basic amount of make-up in neutral colors and my utmost basic skin care products.
- 2 eyeshadow brushes (one regular and one super thin)
- 1 blush/bronzer brush
- L’Oreal True Match Powder
- Revealed Coastal Scents Palette (this is actually the only eye shadow I own)
- 1-2 eyeliners (Burt’s Bees in Warm Brown & Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in black)
- Whatever lip liner I dig up (lipliner probably seems over the top but it gives my lips a little extra color without the hassle of lipstick)
- 2-3 chapsticks (my favs: Carmex Classic Lip Balm & Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus)
- Eyelash curler & Maybelline Great Lash in Very Black
- Under-eye Concealer (my favorite one is discontinued so I’m in the process of searching for a new one)
- Benefit Watt’s Up! Highlighter (this seems unnecessary too but it makes all the difference in photos!)
- I usually stash a lip gloss in my purse, Pacifica Enlightened Gloss is the perfect one to spruce things up midday
Travel Skin Care
Look up any female blogger or influencer and you will find promotions for skin care products that are literally worth my weekly teacher’s salary. I get that higher price usually means higher quality and quality is important for what you put on your face, but I couldn’t spend that kind of cash even if I wanted to (& I don’t). When traveling I try to balance decent quality with TSA-approved size and budget. Reminder, all liquids must fit in a quart-sized Ziploc bag!
Here are the skin care items I bring with me every trip:
- Atelier Cologne .24 oz perfume (this definitely a decadent item but it makes me feel ready to go when I put on perfume in the mornings)
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths (this is all I bring to take off my make up unless I am going to a very dry climate then I try to sneak in some Coconut Oil too)
- Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion 1 oz
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30
- Tweezers (I am fastidious with my eyebrows, I would never travel without tweezers!)
If I have space, I try to sneak in a nighttime moisturizer but more often than not it gets left behind. I would also love to be able to fit my makeup setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray) because that is something I use every time I put on makeup at home but it’s too big for TSA carry-on rules.
If we are doing anything active (beach, hiking, etc) I do not put anything on besides my daily moisturize. Personally, I like letting my skin breathe at least once a week and plus sweating with makeup is just gross!