Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I will be in the throes of cooking, roasting, and attending to other last minute hosting duties. I love party hosting but Thanksgiving is a big deal and I’m super nervous. Luckily it’s a smaller table (just 8 of us) but still keeping my fingers crossed.
So in preparation for tomorrow I figured it would be good practice to come up with 11 things I am thankful for in advance to I can meditate about those things when I am otherwise distracted.
So here it goes:
- Having bought a wonderful home to one day raise a family in
- Teaching in a great school & community
- Getting to travel internationally with my family
- Engaging with teachers from across the country each summer
- Blogging here in my little corner of the internet
- My fantastic yet incredibly forgetful husband
- Planning even more adventures in Italy with said husband
- Growing in my Catholic faith with liturgical living
- Learning new ways to engage my students
- My close-nit family, both by blood & marriage
- And finally…excitement for what 2019 has to bring!
P.S. – loved this post by JSTOR: “Thanksgiving is a Feast of Forgotten Thing”