1. Leave the state of Florida once.
Not this month, but we have our trip to Germany coming up in November for my sister’s wedding.
2. Complete at least 3 arm-specific workouts per months.
- putting out all the Halloween decor totally counts for this!
- I did a Barre Class at the district office (for FREE)
- Nike Training Center: All-Out Shoulders and Arms
I actually accomplished this goal for once!
3. Spend an average of less than $550/month on groceries.
- $59.65 at Publix (post-hurricane, we need stuff for Monday order)
- $94.86 at Winn-Dixie
- $102.57 at ALDI’s (my 4 times a year ALDI trip extravaganza)
$17.32 at Publix
- $50.62 via Kroger Delivery
- $170.89 via Kroger Delivery
- $15.67 at Winn-Dixie
- $121.51 at Publix (I spent wayyyy more than I thought because 3 things were BOGO that we buy on the regular, so I stocked up, & $20 was wine)
- $44.51 at Winn-Dixie
Inflation is playing a role in this spike, obviously, but I need to find other ways to reign in costs too.
4. Jog at least once a week.
- Week 1: negative but I did walk around the neighborhood 3 times
- Week 2: thought about it
- Week 3: no
- Week 4: mmm no
- Week 5: negative
5. Use no more than a roll of paper towel per month.
I used a few more sheets this month than last (blotting up greece) but still doing awesome!
6. Complete a deep analysis of The Iliad.
lololol deep analysis isn’t happening for anything right now
7. Grow my emergency savings account to at least $5,000.
We got our AP bonuses so I have a little bump to add to this goal.
8. Use my slowcooker at least 4 times a month.
- Slowcooker Sweet Potato, Lentil and Cauliflower Curry served with naan and yogurt
- Slowcooker Farro Risotto
9. Spend no more than $50 on frivolous personal spending.
- $15 for a gorgeous nativity at a garage sale
- $41 at the consignment shop ($20 were boots I need for our Germany trip, I’m leaving the amount in here, but I took out a black shirt & pants that were for homecoming at school)
- $4.58 for a year-long membership to Doyogawithme.com – I bought this in December of 2021 sooo it technically doesn’t count for this goal BUT it should because I am using the membership in 2022 ($55 for a year-long membership, so I am splitting up the cost per month to be fair)
- $2.83 National Geographic History Magazine 1-Year Subscription (6 issues – $34 for a year-long membership, so I am splitting up the cost per month to be fair)
- $10 a dress at Goodwill
10. Make a meatless dinner at least twice a week, especially Friday.
- Week 1: Cheese Fondue (the only meat item was sausage to dip); Black Bean Chili, Slowcooker Sweet Potato, Lentil and Cauliflower Curry served with naan and yogurt; & Vegetarian Sloppy Joes with roasted red potatoes
- Week 2: actually no meals were vegetarian – woops
- Week 3: Mujaddara, Hummus & Cucumber-Yogurt Salad; St. Luke’s Little Summer Salad; Penne alla Betsy; Pepper, Pesto & Spinach Stromboli with Parmesan White Beans
- Week 4: Slowcooker Farro Risotto; Gemelli Pasta; Spiced Lentils with Ethiopian Collard Greens & Naan; Sopa de Ajo Castellana; Red Lentil Curry
11. Go to church every Sunday & Holy Day of Obligation.
- Week 1: Sunday 8am
- Week 2: Sunday 8am (I was going to do daily mass during a teacher workday but my SIL came over instead)
- Week 3: Sunday 8am (& we made it in the pews until the eucharist! winning!)
- Week 4: Sunday 8am (alone because Will was sick, yikes!)
- Week 5: Sunday 8am
12. Send someone a surprise postcard once a month.
I received a surprise letter from my cousin butttt then never wrote her back. Woops!
13. Travel internationally at least once.
Check to Oxford!
Upcoming: Germany & Bahamas
14. Listen to at least 2 hours of Spanish language learning a week.
15. Listen to at least 2 hours of Italian language learning a week.
16. Go out on a date with the hubby at least once a month.
Sort of, we went to Rock n Brews for a teachers-eat-free dinner with William & have enjoyed the cooler weather for drinks on the patio.
17. Do yoga at least twice a month.
18. Only shop second-hand for clothes I want (& do not need).
Yes! At one trip to the consignment. I bought 3 tops (because I have too many skirts but not enough tops), a new fancy green skirt, shoes & a new cardigan. I had $13 in credit from things I sold.
I went again to the consignment to sell stuff I couldn’t last trip (wrong day) & picked up ankle boots (for our upcoming Germany trip). I also bought a black t-shirt & some ugly pants – all for homecoming at school.
Lastly, I popped into Goodwill to donate stuff and find stuff for homecoming. I happened to pick up a cute mustard yellow dress which perusing.
19. Vacuum at least once a week.
- Week 1: because of the hurricane I vacuumed three times
- Week 2: Will vacuumed
- Week 3: no
- Week 4: yes
- Week 5: no
20. Write at least 1 art history blog post a month.
I’m too busy tweaking my art history lesson plans to worry about blog posts, but I still share them on the AP Art History Facebook page.
21. Waste more time with the baby (& hubby).
Oh so much unstructured outside time now that the weather isn’t sweltering!!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I can receive some compensation.