This is sooooo late because we were gone for Thanksgiving and then the holidays season is upon us. I just realized I never sent this out.
1. Leave the state of Florida once.
Yessss! We left for Germany for my sister’s wedding. Weeeee!!!!
2. Complete at least 3 arm-specific workouts per months.
3. Spend an average of less than $550/month on groceries.
- $38.64 at Target
- $243.81 at Target (my parents were in town for the weekend)
4. Jog at least once a week.
Negative. But definitely lots of walking.
5. Use no more than a roll of paper towel per month.
hell ya! I still have 9 left.
6. Complete a deep analysis of The Iliad.
Ugh I barely read this year. Keep up with William + a household has me wiped.
7. Grow my emergency savings account to at least $5,000.
so no, I do not have this much money to put aside but I do have money earmarked to move over. I need to take this goal more seriously though.
8. Use my slowcooker at least 4 times a month.
I might have used it three times this month, but I didn’t keep track of it very well this month.
9. Spend no more than $50 on frivolous personal spending.
If you do not include Christmas gifts ad frivolous (which I don’t) then yes.
10. Make a meatless dinner at least twice a week, especially Friday.
Same comment as my slow cooker goal.
11. Go to church every Sunday & Holy Day of Obligation.
- Week 1: we went to 4:30 mass for All Saints Day but could not make it for Sunday (Nov 6) because we had to get my aunt, uncle , and grandmother from their cruise
- Week 2: yes
- Week 3: we flew into Germany this morning and couldn’t make it with our travels
- Week 4: first Sunday of Advent – we went to the children’s mass at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Aachen, Germany
12. Send someone a surprise postcard once a month.
13. Travel internationally at least once.
yesss TWICE this year! England & Germany (plus an overnight in Copenhagen, Denmark)
14. Listen to at least 2 hours of Spanish language learning a week.
No, but I studied a bit of German before going to my sister’s wedding.
15. Listen to at least 2 hours of Italian language learning a week.
No, read above.
16. Go out on a date with the hubby at least once a month.
We actually went on a real real date to a wine bar (I put on heels and everything!) while my parents were in town.
17. Do yoga at least twice a month.
18. Only shop second-hand for clothes I want (& do not need).
I went to Target & bought 2 bathing suits (obvs not buying that used!) and saw a tank top and t-shirt on sale for $6 each so I snagged those too. Returned one of the two bathing suits and the tank top.
19. Vacuum at least once a week.
Yes a mix of Will & I. William has started mimicking us too lol
20. Write at least 1 art history blog post a month.
Nooooo – I am so sad I have done so horribly with this goal!
21. Waste more time with the baby (& hubby).
oh we have this on lock down.