1. Leave the state of Florida once.
Not me, but Will went to Kansas City, MO for the AP Biology reading (where they grade essays all week); during that time I went to South Florida for a few days to be with my family. Later in the month we popped over to Sarasota to spend a few days with a dear friend down from North Carolina.
2. Complete at least 3 arm-specific workouts per months.
- guess what? no
- :)))) mmmm no
3. Spend an average of less than $550/month on groceries.
- $119.49 via Kroger Delivery
- $25.99 at Sprouts (really just because I had a $5 off coupon)
- $101.72 via Kroger Delivery
- $60.67 at Winn-Dixie
4. Jog at least once a week.
- Week 1: no
- Week 2: noo
- Week 3: nooo
- Week 4: nooooo
- Week 5: noooooo
5. Use no more than a roll of paper towel per month.
We used up a roll but I think we’re only at 2-3 rolls this year so far 🙂
6. Complete a deep analysis of The Iliad.
Definitely not, now that I am deep in the weeds reading for my Oxford program.
7. Grow my emergency savings account to at least $5,000.
I am not splitting out my checking into a savings + checking right now since we do not get a paycheck over summer (I usually opt to get paid over summer but they don’t allow that with maternity leave). Once we get paid again in August, I will start an official savings again to create a nest egg for (hopefully) another baby. Insert my required lament that Florida has no paid leave because they’re stupid and really don’t care about women’s health or babies beyond the womb. Done! 🙂
8. Use my slowcooker at least 4 times a month.
- Slow cooker Reuben sandwiches
- Chicken Broth using the Slow cooker
- not really cooking this week
- same as the week before
9. Spend no more than $50 on frivolous personal spending.
- $4.58 for a year-long membership to Doyogawithme.com – I bought this in December of 2021 sooo it technically doesn’t count for this goal BUT it should because I am using the membership in 2022 ($55 for a year-long membership, so I am splitting up the cost per month to be fair)
- $2.83 National Geographic History Magazine 1-Year Subscription (6 issues – $34 for a year-long membership, so I am splitting up the cost per month to be fair)
- $24.99 May Catholic All Year Digital Membership
- $20.45 Shining Light Dolls (I cannot find William’s Virgen de la Caridad de Cobre and it is very important to me + they had it on super sale + I also got every free digital download they had)
- $11.85 a coffee & breakfast sandwich that I technically didn’t need, but I was supporting a local place & took Will the next afternoon on a “date”
- $105 on “new” clothes at a local consignment (I will subtract any money I get back from my total “frivolous” spending)
10. Make a meatless dinner at least twice a week, especially Friday.
- Week 1: packaged Zucchini Saffron Pasta
- Week 2: Caprese Sandwiches
- Week 3: Italian Minestrone Soup & Garlic Bread
- Week 4: we weren’t home & I honestly forgot it was Friday #summerbrain
11. Go to church every Sunday & Holy Day of Obligation.
- Week 1: Sunday 8am & we wore red for Pentecost
- Week 2: My parents & I went to the National Shrine of La Nuestra Señor de la Caridad Carded de Cobre in Miami
- Week 3: We did not go for Father’s Day because Will got in SUPER late from his (delayed) Kansas City flight
- Week 4: We intentionally skipped this week. It was the Sunday after the Roe v. Wade decision and I have zero interest in possibly hearing a tone deaf priest gloat (not saying our priests would but just in case). I am pro-life (yes, in that I do not think abortion is right) but this is not a win.
12. Send someone a surprise postcard once a month.
Whoops – nope.
13. Travel internationally at least once.
Not during June but July 2nd we fly out for Oxford, England!!! Read about my trip: Oxford University: History, Politics & Society Summer School
14. Listen to at least 2 hours of Spanish language learning a week.
- Week 1: no
- Week 2: no
- Week 3: nope
- Week 4: negative
15. Listen to at least 2 hours of Italian language learning a week.
- Week 1: no
- Week 2: no
- Week 3: negative
- Week 4: nope
16. Go out on a date with the hubby at least once a month.
One afternoon Will & I went out on a coffee date (with baby & in a severe tornado warning sooooo…) but it was nice & simple.
17. Do yoga at least twice a month.
- Morning Hatha Yoga (38 minutes)
- Nike Training Center App: Posture Primer (10 minutes)
18. Only shop second-hand for clothes I want (& do not need).
I found a new consignment shop, dropped off a bag of clothes and promptly bought $105 worth of stuff. I spent an evening trying on every. single. article. of clothing I own to decide what to toss, what to keep and what to try and sell at consignment. Here’s hoping I make a few bucks to offset my purchases!
19. Vacuum at least once a week.
- Week 1: yes
- Week 2: I think so
- Week 3: maybe
- Week 4: Will did
20. Write at least 1 art history blog post a month.
No but I definitely will starting writing these more as I teach AP Art History again. :))))
21. Waste more time with the baby (& hubby).
Wasted more time with baby because hubby was working a lot this month. He did a 4 day workshop, then was gone in Kansas City for 7 days, and then a 5 day virtual workshop. My job was to engage baby during his workshops.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I can receive some compensation.