1. Leave the state of Florida once. – DONE!!
2. Complete at least 3 arm-specific workouts per months.
Moving alllll the boxes & putting up all the things to my new classroom!!!
3. Spend an average of less than $550/month on groceries.
- $202.22 via Kroger Delivery
- $40.10 at Publix
- $64.71 at Target
- $130.97 via Kroger Delivery
- $96.09 at Target
- $72.31 at Target (we had family over for the weekend…this is 4 bottles of wine plus some extra food)
- $14.10 at Winn-Dixie
- $80.36 at Winn-Dixie (I ONLY had to do this shopping because we had two events with friends that required lunches to be packed and nothing I had at home was suitable)
- $158.62 at Publix (so many BOGO things that we’ll need next month)
- $46.48 at Publix
- $136.17 at Publix (my parents, aba & cousin came up this weekend and I guess they gotta eat)
oooof this month was bad! Probably the back to school + getting back from England + inflation
4. Jog at least once a week.
- Week 1: I walked to work does that count? (it’s only a 9 minute walk)
- Week 2: I bike to work every day. – I’m counting that
- Week 3: same as above plus I did a (non-running) workout
- Week 4: no
- Week 5: almost did
5. Use no more than a roll of paper towel per month.
We are rockin’ this goal!
6. Complete a deep analysis of The Iliad.
mmmm def not now that school is up and running again.
7. Grow my emergency savings account to at least $5,000.
8. Use my slowcooker at least 4 times a month.
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken (served with stir fry veggies and Ramen noodles)
- Slow Cooker Sausage & Potato Casserole
- 2 rounds of slow cooker chicken broth (I have finally perfected my recipe)
- the second round of slowcooker chicken broth counts here
9. Spend no more than $50 on frivolous personal spending.
- $4.58 for a year-long membership to Doyogawithme.com – I bought this in December of 2021 sooo it technically doesn’t count for this goal BUT it should because I am using the membership in 2022 ($55 for a year-long membership, so I am splitting up the cost per month to be fair)
- $2.83 National Geographic History Magazine 1-Year Subscription (6 issues – $34 for a year-long membership, so I am splitting up the cost per month to be fair)
- $24.99 May Catholic All Year Digital Membership
- $40.09 second-hand clothes for work
Thank goodness I am not counting spending money on school stuff as frivolous.
10. Make a meatless dinner at least twice a week, especially Friday.
- Week 1: I deleted my meals for this week before recording this!!
- Week 2: Spicy Udon Noodles
- Week 3: Quinoa & Black Bean Chilli & Mushroom Pizza (not homemade)
- Week 4: Black Beans and Rice (my aba’s) & vegetarian Bolay take out
- Week 5: Baked Ziti, Cold Noodle Salad & Brussels sprouts in Coconut Milk Rice
11. Go to church every Sunday & Holy Day of Obligation.
- Week 1: back at our parish Sunday 8am
- Week 2: Sunday 8am but we could not make it for the Assumption because mass was either when were at work (9:15) or baby’s bedtime (7pm)
- Week 3:Sunday 8am
- Week 4: Sunday 8am
- Week 5: Sunday 8am
12. Send someone a surprise postcard once a month.
I mailed thank you cards to people who gave birthday gifts to William
13. Travel internationally at least once. – DONE!
14. Listen to at least 2 hours of Spanish language learning a week.
no but I do try to speak to the baby in Spanish everyday
15. Listen to at least 2 hours of Italian language learning a week.
16. Go out on a date with the hubby at least once a month.
August 1st we dropped William off at his caretaker’s house and we went to a coffee shop to talk a bit before heading into school to work on our classrooms.
One random Thursday, Will poured us some gin & tonics and we sat and talked for 2 hours. That’s a date to me and it was lovely.
17. Do yoga at least twice a month.
I did yoga twice in ONE WEEK!!! Once I was back at work too! What!? Who am I? The first time was with Will (who is doing Yin Yoga nightly( & the second was a work with 3 coworkers.
18. Only shop second-hand for clothes I want (& do not need).
I went for a little back to school shopping. Four shoes I bought new ($54.96) & some clothes used at a great local consignment ($40.09). I am not counting the shoes as frivolous because I had to toss so many this summer.
19. Vacuum at least once a week.
- Week 1: Will vacuumed (after he dropped glass)
- Week 2: I did not
- Week 3: no
- Week 4: yes maybe
- Week 5: negative
20. Write at least 1 art history blog post a month.
No, but I am happily teaching it again!
21. Waste more time with the baby (& hubby).
check check and check. This has not been easy though with back to work season.