I am a list person, sometimes begrudgingly, but I always ALWAYS start my travel planing with a list of things I am interested in seeing. I start my list quite large, knowing I can whittle it down. In the past month or so I have be working on my list for our Charleston Road Trip this Thanksgiving and I’ve been organizing that list into a feasible road trip plan. So here is what I have so far!
On the drive up & down from Central Florida:
- Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, Florida
- Cumberland Island, Georgia
- Sunbury’s Crab Company, Georgia
- Gullah Culture of St. Helena Island & Antebellum Houses, Beaufort, South Carolina
- Middleton Place, South Carolina
- Magnolia Plantation, South Carolina
- Ft. Sumter
- Old Slave Mart Museum
- Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon
- Enjoy a lazy day at our friend’s house cooking & eating
- The Battery
- White Point Gardens
- Nathaniel Russell House
Once I got the “green light” that the trip was ON – I moved on to the next phase of planning: logistics of a road trip.
P.S. If you have any tips for me PLEASE SHARE below!